Event coordinator/development associate
Are you looking for a fun career where you get to work with passionate people, plan major events and raise funds to help save animals in our community? Then this position may be for you!
Some requirements of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop strategic marketing plans for event and development initiatives to include www.hsdayton.org website, e-newsletters, social media, direct mail
- Plan, coordinate logistics, manage personnel & resources, provide leadership, and ensure success of Humane Society of Greater Dayton Signature Events designed to raise visibility and funds
- Create event budgets, track expenses, book event venues, negotiate contracts, and manage vendor invoice fulfillment
- Manage event layout, flow, support staff, timeline, event planning committees, volunteers, vendors, minimize costs, solicit and manage in-kind donations, auctions, collateral and sponsorship fulfillment
- Represent Humane Society of Greater Dayton television appearances, interact with business leaders, attend city functions as Humane Society of Greater Dayton representative, respond to questions from prospective donors, etc.
- Present Humane Society of Greater Dayton mission, programs, giving opportunities, etc. to groups, business, and individuals
- Ability to work, provide resources, and inspire groups looking to do third-party fundraisers for the Humane Society of Greater Dayton
- Determine and translate Humane Society of Greater Dayton needs into user-focused web and marketing content that educates and inspires action
- Knowledge of Photoshop, HTML, InDesign, various e-mail formats and social media platforms a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Preferred: DonorPerfect, Jango Mail, Volgistics, PetPoint, Joomla, DonorDrive
- Possess excellent verbal, writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Website construction/editing
Please send all resumes and cover letters to Courtney Steckel at email@example.com.
Updated May 2016